Application page for the TRiO Scholars and TRiO STEM Scholars Programs as well as the McNair Scholars and CCAMPIS Programs. Our mission is to assist low-income, first-generation, and underrepresented students to be successful in higher education. Please select the program application you wish to submit below. Please visit www.unr.edu/trio for more information on our TRiO Scholars & STEM Scholars Programs, www.unr.edu/mcnair for information on the McNair Scholars Program and unr.edu/first-generation-student-center/child-care-access for information on the CCAMPIS program.
If you already began your application and are a returning applicant, please click on "View Your Applications."
The McNair Program is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Application Deadline: All components of the application are due by 11:59pm October 1, 2023. Applications completed after the deadline will be considered as space allows.
- Please take your time and answer all the questions on our application to the best of your knowledge. Should you need additional time to complete our application, you do have the ability to save your progress and finish the application later. Our application has a two-step process with both parts due October 1, 2023.
- You will complete the current application below.
- Qualified applicants will be sent a link where additional materials will be required.
We encourage you to review the eligibility requirements at https://www.unr.edu/mcnair/join/eligibility prior to completing the application.
Please call 775-784-6044 with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.
Thank you for your interest in the McNair Scholars Program!
Thank you for your interest in our CCAMPIS Program!
CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School), is a program funded by the US Department of Education and run jointly by the First Generation Student Center and the Child Family Research Center (CFRC) at the University of Nevada, Reno. The purpose of the program is to support UNR Pell grant eligible student parents who have children enrolled at the CFRC, or wish to have their children enrolled at the CFRC, by providing academic support services and assisting with childcare costs. CCAMPIS provides funding to cover at least 75% of the annual CFRC tuition. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate. Please see the website for further eligibility criteria.
Our program application is one that remains open throughout the year. As a new grant we are accepting applications on a continuous and rolling basis. While there is not a priority deadline, we encourage you to apply now so your application can be reviewed in a timely manner.
Please take your time and answer all the questions on our application to the best of your knowledge. Should you need additional time to complete our application, you do have the ability to save your progress and finish the application later.
Our application consists of a three-step process:
- You will complete the current application.
- Qualified/eligible applicants will be contacted by Ellen Houston, Executive Director of the First Generation Student Center.
- Undergraduate students who are not yet part of a First Generation Student Center program will be asked to apply.
If your application is not considered for our current semester, we will keep it on file and will consider you for our waitlist. If you have any questions, please call our office at (775) 784-6044.